Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Will you marry me, Mommy?



Kanoa was so sweet.  While we were at the Union Fairgrounds today (riding bikes and scooters with other homeschoolers), he asked me if I would marry him.  Twice.  Right after he asked the first time, he picked a dandelion and gave it to me saying, "Here is a dandelion for you." And the second time it was a dried out oak leaf.

I told him he was so sweet and thanked him for the treasures.

I don't think I got around to answering him the first time because he moved on to giving me the flower and then getting back into running and playing again.

A little bit later he asked for the second time.  He had stopped playing and running and had more time to listen to a response.  I should have said, "Yes, I can marry you" and give him a hug.  For all he must mean is I love being with you.  And he probably wanted to feel secure knowing that I would always be there for him and that I love him.  But what did I say?  Lightheartedly and gently I said I was already married to Daddy.  I asked him if I could give him a hug and a kiss.  He looked at me and with a yucky face said that if you give a person a kiss, it means you are married!  

No comments:

Post a Comment