Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Writing and Publishing Opportunity


Writing and Publishing Opportunity: This was written on a couple of yahoo groups at the end of April 2013.  The person to submit writing to is leslipeterson@gmail.com.  Here is the post where she describes what she is looking for.

Hi everyone. I'm an unschool mom who just got a new job as Travel Editor for Homeschool.com We are going to launch the travel section of the website on June 1 (fingers crossed). Homeschool.com is a traditional homeschooling community, but I believe so strongly that travel is the perfect example of how unschooling can work. Who goes on vacation with a curriculum? Almost no one. But look at how much they learn while you are traveling! Amazing! I really think of this new job as a means by which to share my beliefs, without having to utter the words.

One of the first things I want to launch with the site is a category devoted to kids and their writings. If you have a kiddo who enjoys writing and is looking for a by-line, I would love to publish their work. It can be about a vacation they took across the country or around the globe. Even something down the street....visiting the Aquarium or maybe a festival, a cool hotel, etc. Fun or educational. And parents, if you would like to contribute, I could use your work too. Shoot me an email at Lesli at Homeschool.com for more info. Thx!

No comments:

Post a Comment