Monday, April 29, 2013

Hula lessons in Frankfort, Maine and some favorite Hawaiian tunes




When we moved to Maine in 2005, I found out about a woman named Mary Beth who taught Hula lessons. I found my saved paper where I jotted down the information.

Mary Beth - Hula Lessons - 14 Old Stage Road, Frankfort, Maine. Mary Beth's number: 207-223-5319 Not sure if she is still teaching as I haven't tried to contact her in several years now, but am saving her information because one day I might!

Want to check out some Hawaiian music?

Here are a few of our favorites:

Brother Iz (Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole) - He has TONS of great songs! "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" is my husband's favorite.

Ka'au Crater Boys - On Fire! is my favorite album of theirs.

Sistah Robi (Robi Kahakalau) - Love her song "All I Want" and she has other good ones as well.

Keali'i Reichel - Kawaipunahele is the song I love by him most. We have the album by the same name.

Ehukai had a big hit called "Moloka'i Slide" (we were there I think when it came out...still like it).

Hapa was the band that came to the Camden Opera House in March 2012. Sadly we weren't able to attend. One of my friends loved their music. I was never into them, but maybe I just didn't know all of their songs. I still would have gone to see them just to get that taste of Hawaii again!

Makana found a male singer of the same name when she googled her name online. Loved the video clip about him where he talked about himself and his music and played a little in a relaxed setting.

Jason Mraz (from the Big Island I think) has a great song that I loved called "I'm yours!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHTsc9PU2A

No comments:

Post a Comment